safety & leadership
We pride ourselves on our level of safety when working with students and schools
enabling us to provide a safe space for students, adventure and magic to unfold...
COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE WITH ACTIVITIES INDUSTRY MUTUAL
ROBUST RISK MANAGEMENT
EXPERIENCED & QUALIFIED LEADERS
Our co-founders have more than 25 years experience working with young people through adventurous activity. This means that while we can't remove all risk (such is the nature of adventurous activity), safety is a hygiene factor which runs through everything we do.
ALL ADVENTURES WITH THE LIVING PROJECT ARE SUBJECT TO A RIGOROUS APPROACH. THIS INVOLVES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO...
1. All adventure itineraries are recce'd & risk assessed by The Living Project
2. Comprehensive Risk Management - including detailed risk assessment & effective training and preparation for leaders responsible for each adventure
3. Comprehensive Insurance with Activities Industry Mutual (AALA), with £5 million public liability
4. Robust emergency response planning
5. Appropriate leaders assigned to specific adventures based on relevant qualifications, experience and competence
6. Thorough post adventure reflection and review between schools, leaders and The Living Project Directors
8. We also ensure all Leaders are aware of (and equipped to support) any pre-existing and/or current medical or personal support requirements in order to enable each student and school staff guest to maximise their experience through being supported effectively
"We love the power of the human journey involved in adventurous activity. As such, while grounded in safety, our approach to adventure consciously facilitates a powerful and supportive opportunity to embrace challenge, and explore personal development and teamwork through mindful activities, coaching, and connection"
(Josh - The Living Project Co-Founder and Managing Director)
ABOUT OUR LEADERS
While our leaders are all technically qualified when it comes to safety, they are also experienced, resourced and committed to delivering truly meaningful adventures for students.
Each adventure features two leaders. Either two The Living Project Leaders, or one the Living Project Leader + an expert local guide. This enables students to experience a broad spectrum of magic, as well as receive the support they want/need out in the wild. It also means our leaders aren’t exhausted working 24hrs a day on their own, and have enough energy to bring their whole-selves to the experience.
As well as our core team of leaders, we also partner with experts in fields such as foraging, re-wilding, conservation and sustainability, so that we can provide genuine breadth and depth for our guests.
It's this combination of safety, experience and deliberate leadership which enables us to provide safe, current and credible programmes centred around curiosity, personal development, and wellbeing.
Jen, STAFF at Royal Grammar School High Wycombe
"Incredible. Josh, Cormac and Ember took us on a wonderful journey. We felt equally challenged and looked after. This was a great opportunity to reset after an incredibly challenging year for all, and we couldn't have asked for anyone better than Josh and Cormac to take us on the journey."