We pride ourselves on our level of safety
enabling us to provide a safe space for magic to unfold...
ROBUST RISK MANAGEMENT
AALA Licensed & expertly insured
EXPERIENCED & QUALIFIED LEADERS
SUPPORTED BY PHAROS RESPONSE
Our co-founders have more than 25 years experience facilitating adventurous activity. So while we can't remove all the risk (it is adventure after all), safety is the foundation of all we do, and we're prepared to respond effectively when required
ALL ADVENTURES WITH THE LIVING PROJECT ARE SUBJECT TO A RIGOROUS APPROACH. THIS INVOLVES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO...
1. All adventure itineraries are recce'd & risk assessed by The Living Project
2. Comprehensive Risk Management - including effective training and preparation for leaders responsible for each adventure
3. Insurance with Activities Industry Mutual (AIM), with £5 million public liability
4. Robust emergency response planning, including 3rd party serious incident management support from Pharos Response 24/7
5. Appropriate leaders assigned to specific adventures based on relevant qualifications, competence and experience
6. Thorough post adventure reflection and review between leaders and The Living Project Directors
7. We also ensure all Leaders are aware of (and equipped to support) any pre-existing and/or current medical or personal support requirements in order to enable each guest to maximise their experience through being supported effectively
"We love the power of the human journey involved in adventurous activity. As such, our approach to adventure consciously facilitates a powerful and supportive opportunity to embrace challenge, and explore personal development and teamwork through mindful activities, coaching, and connection - all from a position grounded in safe practise"
(Josh - The Living Project Co-Founder and Managing Director)
ABOUT OUR LEADERS
While our leaders are all technically qualified when it comes to safety, they are also experienced, resourced and committed to delivering truly meaningful adventures for our guests.
Each adventure features two leaders. Either two The Living Project Leaders, or one The Living Project Leader + an expert local guide. This enables guests to experience a broad spectrum of magic, as well as receive the support they want/need out in the wild. It also means our leaders aren’t exhausted working 24hrs a day on their own, and have enough energy to bring their whole-selves to the experience.
As well as our core team of leaders, we also partner with experts in fields such as foraging, re-wilding, conservation and sustainability, so that we can provide genuine breadth and depth for our guests.
It's this combination of safety, experience and deliberate leadership which enables us to provide safe, current and credible adventures centred around curiosity, personal development, and wellbeing.